Tuesday, July 15, 2008

LOST OR STOLEN DEBIT CARD??

I must admit that I have never lost or had anything from my purse stolen (ie...my debit card). So, this is a little traumatic for me. It all came about when my temple recommend fell out of my purse this morning...I proceeded to go to the gas station to get a bottle of water, when I found that my debit card was not in my purse...STRANGE, so thinking that it fell out of my purse when my recommend did (and since they are doing construction right in front of our house) I felt that I should immediately run home to make sure that it wasn't just sitting in our driveway for some crazy construction dude to pick up. Well, it wasn't there...when was the last time I used it??? Oh yeah, my sister's b-day was yesterday and I was trying to buy her a book at Barnes and Noble (needless to say, she already has every book on the planet) I didn't end up buying her anything, but I did buy myself a baby name book! Anyway, back to the point...so I come to work this morning anxiously awaiting for the time to read 9:00am, since that's what time they open. 9:15am I make the anticipated call...just to be put on indefinite hold with no hold music, what is this world coming to. Finally, the ever present lady gets back on the phone, asks me my name and phone #, then just says ok, we'll look for it...what? Do you mean you didn't find it up at the cashier's desk, or did you not look for it, did you even check??? Fine, whatever, this really sucks. Ok, I'll check my car once more, maybe it fell underneath the seat, surprisingly my car is spotless, so it's very easy for me to check. It's not anywhere to be found. Dreading, I call the bank with the anticipation that they are going to make a huge deal and it's going to be ever so hard to use it...this is how the call went:

Banker: Good morning how may I help you?

Me: I'm not quite sure who to speak to, but I lost my debit card...

Banker: Oh, I'm just the person you need to talk to.

Me: Oh, good.

Banker: Ok, well what's your name?

Me: Katie _____

Banker: Have you already checked your account to make sure nothing has been charged that you didn't authorize? When was the last time you remember having it?

Me: Yes, I did that this morning and nothing has been. And I used it last night.

Banker: Ok, Katie what are the last 4 digits of your SS# and your mother's maiden name?

Me: I proceed to tell her...I think I passed with flying colors!

Banker: Ok, I've put a hold on that card and I will issue you a new one which you'll receive in 7-10 business days. Call us when you get it and we'll set you up with a new pin...

Me: Ok, thank you so much! (what, that's it, no hassle, no questioning, AWESOME)!!

With much relief I hang up the phone. That was WAY too easy. I now feel somewhat at peace, other than I will be checking my account all day!

Stay tuned for pictures from today's ultrasound!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sorry, that sucks, good thing it happens to everyone though. How are you feeling?

{Erica} said...

thanks for the narrative :) at least now you know just to call your bank and get a new one...which I've done like 5 times this past year...seriously...i lose that thing all the time!

Anonymous said...

I recently had stolen my atm debit bank cards while traveling abroad

and found his service, sendmemycash.com a life saver

lost stolen bank cards

Anonymous said...

if i get a new debit card will my money from the old one go onto my new one?
thank you! :D