Thursday, May 08, 2008

News, news....and more news

I have to apologize for not posting in FOREVER! We seriously have been so busy that it hasn't been on the top of my priority list. Good thing I have absolutely nothing to do at work, so I decided what a perfect time...so sorry I don't have any pictures either. We have so many things that we've done I don't even know where to begin. Let's see, we have been to Moab twice...the first time was over Easter weekend. We decided it would be fun to drive down there and go camping and hiking with Harley and Ace (our two beagles). Incase you don't know, dogs are not allowed in National Parks, so we had to be creative in picking hiking trails that weren't in Arches or Canyonlands. We found one that was called Fisher Towers it took about 6 hours to hike there and back. It was so much fun and Harley and Ace only had one incident where this black lab ran up to them and they weren't expecting it and they got a little territorial. It was weird because Brian's sister has a black lab and they play with her almost everyday. I just think they were a little confused. They did seem to get along with the cutest German Sherpherd (who was probably on his last leg). We also camped with Brian's dad, who just happened to be in Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari.
The next weekend we went to Las Vegas. We went with all of Brian's friends and their girlfriends/fiancees. We went to the Monster Truck Championship...I know! I really didn't think it was going to be very fun and I wasn't really looking forward to the long drive. But I have to say, it is now going to be a family tradition! It was like nothing I've ever been to, but it was so much fun! We really were only in Vegas for 1 day. We didn't get to our hotel until 1am on Friday and then we left around 11am on Sunday. The funniest part of the whole vacation, was when some dude came up to Ryan, Brian's best friend, and asked him if he wanted some "WEEEEEEEEDDD" now you have to say that like you're really stoned, because that's pretty much what it sounded like and the guy followed us for about 1/2 a mile asking us the whole time. I about peed my pants I was laughing so hard!
I'm not quite sure what we did the whole month of April, but I kind of have some memory loss lately! At the end of April we went to Moab again for the "car show". We again went with all of Brian's friends and their girlfriends. Again, this was a guick trip. We left Friday night and came home Sunday morning. We didn't do any hiking, we just went "wheeling" as Brian puts it in his Jimmy. We had a fun time and the weather was perfect. We go to the car show every year and I must say it is always SO hot that I don't enjoy sitting in the hot Jimmy all day with the top off and the sun blaring on me with no wind whatsoever, but this year was perfect. It was around 80 and it was a little breezy, so I loved every minute of it! And Brian's dad came with us so he watched Harley and Ace in the back of the Jimmy the whole time! I loved it.
Then, the next weekend we went again to Las Vegas. This time we went with Brian's family. We went for the Supercross Championship. Again, we go to this every year and I never have much fun...mainly because I don't really care about going to the "pits" and looking at the bikes for hours on end. This year was different though, Brian decided that he didn't want to go to the pits because it's not that fun. So we stayed at our hotel with Brian's parents and sister and nieces. It was fun because we went to the swimming pool and swam the whole afternoon! Well I didn't swim, but I did get to read my book and tan (sunburn) my white legs! We drove to Vegas with Brian's parents and on the way back we decided to take tours of all of the little towns. So it ended up taking us about 7 1/2 hours to get home.
Last but not least, we are really excited for late fall as we are eagerly anticipating the arrival of our first baby! We are so excited and can't wait to add to our family. I can't wait for Brian to become a "daddy" seeing him with all of our nieces and nephews and how good he is with them makes me so excited! My due date is Dec. 2, Brian's pretty excited about this too, he thinks it will be cool to have their b-days in the same month. All I can think about is how am I supposed to get Christmas decorations up? And what about the christmas tree? And all the christmas shopping...ahhhhh!! I'm already stressing about it! Hopefully this is a long enough post to satisfy some of you!

4 comments:

amy said...

Thanks for making up for not posting with this one. Exciting news...Congrats!

Stephanie said...

I KNEW IT!!! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy for you!! Congraturaltions to both of you, we love you so much.

Julie G. said...

I have been checking your blog so happy you posted! Congrats on your upcoming addition to your family. Also I posted that cinnamon roll recipe on my blog so check it out.